Sunday, August 9, 2009

We Are Family. I Guess.

I. Am. Home. Thank goodness.
Spent a few days with my sisters and grandparents in my uncles' house. Yes, uncles'. Sadly, they weren't there. So that's a little awkward. Haven't seen them in years, but I've stayed in their home twice in the passed year.
I'd never realized how completely different my sisters are from each other and myself. Jackie is.. trying so desperately to be a tomboy and still finds it acceptable to act like a baby. Possibly because she IS the baby, and has two girly sisters. Also, she's impossibly rude, stating that "manners just aren't my thing". Grr.
Rachel is super quiet and and would probably be very polite if anyone could hear her. She shuts down whenever Jackie's in her rude manners and, as a consequence, seems rude also because she doesn't respond.
Despite my agitations.. I love them both so much. They're my only siblings who actually feel like they're semi-related to me.
[I have three families as a result of Dad's three marriages. I was the only product of the first, Rachel and Jackie of the second, and the other three of the third. I also have a step-sister from his third wife.]
Jackie fell asleep last night holding my hand, and I couldn't help but be so thankful that she was my baby sis.
Rachel and I have really cool late-night discussions on anything from It's Me or the Dog to the Jonas Brothers to school to smelly little sisters. Ahem. =]
Grandma and Grandpa.. crazy as they are, I know I'd been missing them, so it's good I got to see them this summer.
Grandma tried to convince me to go to a two year school and give up dreams of becoming a doctor.. can't say I appreciated that very much. She then tried to make it sound like my mom was pushing school on me and I didn't have to go if I didn't want to. Silly, silly grandparents.

All the while I was gone I got sweet little messages from Dustin [DreamBoy] telling me that he was patiently waiting for me to come home.
Things like that just make me smile.

1 comment:

  1. aHHHHHHHHHHHH! that is adorable!!!!!
    I want to meet him so much!

    ReplyDelete